Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Help me punch Crohn's & Colitis in the FACE!

http://www.active.com/donate/lv10longisland/LVABoyer

Last week I joined Team Challenge and dedicated myself for the next 15 weeks to train for the Vegas ½ Marathon! Along with some friends on the East End I have decided to do my part to help punch Crohn’s and Colitis diseases in the face! We are raising money for the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of America and we each hope to run (without walking!) the entire half marathon and raise over $3,700 each! These are high goals but I know that with our work ethics and dedication- as well as the generosity and support of our friends and families- we will deifnitely be able to acheive these goals!

The 13+ mile race is on December 5 in Las Vegas, and we will be raising funds and training like crazy with Team Long Island- East End Division in hopes of finding a cure for these diseases from which over 1.4 million Americans suffer!

I actually have even higher goals than that- I am working to run the race in under 2 hours (about a 9 minute mile pace) and raise $7,500 to be upgraded to VIP fund raising status and have my impact be that much greater toward finding cures and help for people suffering from these diseases.

We have several fund raisers in the works right now and a even more to come- but here is a list of what we are working on:

September 11- Bake Sale at the Hampton Bays King Kullen! Help us by stopping by to pick up some sweet treats or donate some baked goods!
September 23- Arbonne Party! If you or someone you know is interested in an invite let me know!
October 1- Variety Show Cabaret! This is the big one- join us at the Southampton Cultural Center at 8 pm for an evening of music, dancing, performance, and festivities! We will have performances from the SCC's recent production of Cabaret as well as from the cast of the upcoming performance of Annie! We will also have a silent auction and raffle. Admission to this one night only event is free, though a $20 donation is strongly suggested. Please contact me for information on how to reserve your seat today!
October 21- Another Arbonne Party! Please stay informed by visiting my site for more information on upcoming fund raisers and send the link to all of your friends!


Please visit my donation site to give online or call/email me for info on other ways you can help!
(Posting my donation link to your facebook status is an easy way to help more than you know! : )

http://www.active.com/donate/lv10longisland/LVABoyer

1 comment: