Saturday, October 16, 2010

Halfway Hustle!

A new burst of motivation and inspiration was served up to me this morning in the form of a fabulous brunch complete with bagels, an assortment of schmear, and amazing stories straight from the souls of those I have been fund raising for these past couple months!

The CCFA Team Challenge Halfway Brunch was this morning, and along with my teammate Kasia I met and talked with my Team Challenge runners and raisers! And what an awesome bunch they are; survivors, warriors, ambassadors, and overall just really great people all working together toward a common goal- to find a cure for the diseases which their friends, family, and in many cases even they themselves suffer from.

I have a newly renewed drive! I am 32% of the way to my lofty goal at $10,000- I don't need to raise that much money, I WANT to raise that much money. I want to do everything I can to have an impact and I want to plan every fund raiser I can to increase awareness about the organization and it's great purpose!

So here is the list of upcoming fund raisers- put them on your calendar, tell your friends, and come out to help! I don't have Crohn's, I don't have colitis, I don't even have a full time job- I am just a 23 year old girl using what I have (the ability to create a fabulous event out of nothing and all my spare time) to do something for a cause and organization that I believe in. Now it is your turn to do the easy part- come have fun at one of our events! Pull up my website and throw me a few bucks! And share my blog and website with your other friends and family so they can do the same!!

October 21- Arbonne Party! 7pm- RSVP with your address so we can send you a sample and get you the info!

October 23- Bake Sale at the Riverhead King Kullen! 1-5pm, get delicious treats and stock up on Halloween goodies!

October 28- Halloween Party! Karaoke, Costume Contest, Raffles, and Awesome Prizes!!! (place and time tbd)

October 29- Car Wash! Southampton, watch for our signs and fabulously costumed car detailers! We will be ready to spray, scrub, and spook your cars up for Halloween!

November 6- Bake Sale Double Header! Join us first at the Southampton Waldbaum's from 9am-1pm and then follow us over to the Hampton Bays King Kullen from 1-5pm for more of our amazing treats!

November 20- TBD- Possibly an encore performance of Our Fabulous Benefit Variety Show! Stay tuned for details :)

And with that- hopefully I will have reached my goal and the next thing I can focus on is crossing that finish line in Vegas! Thanks and good night! http://www.active.com/donate/lv10longisland/LVABoyer

No comments:

Post a Comment